We’re all familiar with Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups. Our version, made with hazelnut butter, is a great alternative for next time you’re snuggling up on the couch and want a little treat while watching a movie. Quick to make and packed full of nutrients, you can’t go wrong with these babies.
1⁄2 cup raw cacao powder
1⁄4 cup honey
1⁄2 cup coconut oil
2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
pinch of sea salt
1⁄2 cup hazelnut butter (raw or roasted)
- Line a mini cupcake tray with 24 paper or foil patty cases.
- To make your chocolate, put the cacao, honey, coconut oil, cinnamon and salt in a saucepan over a low heat and stir until smooth.
- Drop 1 tablespoon of the melted chocolate into each patty case, then smooth the chocolate up the side with the back of your spoon. Put the tray into the freezer for about 10 minutes to set.
- Take the tray out of the freezer and add
1 teaspoon of the hazelnut butter to each cup. Cover with the remaining melted chocolate, filling each cup almost to the top of the patty case.
5. Set in the fridge or freezer until firm and ready to eat.
Recipe courtesy of @LukeHinesOnline from Clean Living: Eat Clean All Year by Luke Hines and Scott Gooding ($29.99), published by Hachette Australia.